Sunday, September 7, 2008

Long Beach Breast Cancer Coaliton Kayakathon 2008


Well, considering the rain and wind yesterday, I think everyone was very pleasantly surprised at what a beautiful Morning we had for this years Kayak a thon, supporting the Long Beach Breast Cancer Coalition.
Luckily I did not have to set my alarm to wake up early today. My 7 Month old baby girl, Sunny Logann, is better than a Timex. Up at 6:30AM every day. I had a little coffee in the garden, and then I was off to Empire Kayaks, in Barnum Isle / Island Park.
Empire Kayaks sponsors the Long Beach Breast Cancer Coaltion each year in an awesome fund raising effort to fight breast cancer in Long Beach, and help assist those affected by Breast Cancer with programs that make life easier.

How could you not LOVE a shirt that says Save the Tatas.

Registration was packed by 9:30 and there were tons of folks already on the water as early as 9!

For more information about the Long Beach Breast Cancer Coaltion , check out their website at http://www.longbeachbcc.org

To see all the images from the 2008 Kayakathon, and perhaps purchase a few to support the Long Beach Breast Cancer Coaliotion, check out the J. Mitchel Photography client proofing website at http://jmitchelphotography.instaproofs.com/

ALL profits from images of this event are donated by J. Mitchel Photography directly to the Long Beach Breast Cancer Coalition.

I grew up in Long Beach / Atlantic Beach and while I have moved a tiny bit inland, my heart is still at the beach. I embrace the chance to give back to the community I was raised in. Covering the LBBCC events is a great way for me to do just that.

If this is your first time reading my blog, I use the blog as more of a get to know me spot, rather than to show my work.

As one of Long Island's top event and architectural photographers, check out my main website at http://www.jmitchelphotography.com/ to see why I am able to tell your Wedding story, or chronicle your home or commercial space in a way no one else can.

Check out my life and landscape prints at The Spoon Cafe in Lindenhurst. Great little coffeehouse and restaurant that has local live music several times a week. Not into dark smokey bars, but want a great date place? This is it. Frozen Hot Chocolate for two...a must have.

No comments: