Friday, September 11, 2009

In Memorium of those who were just going to work that day

There is not much to say that has not already been said. Firefighters, Police, EMS and other First Responders knew they had a dangerous job. They signed on for a career that could result in the ultimate sacrifice. Hundreds of regular people...office workers to dishwashers had no idea of the horrors to occur. The loss of any of the people who were lost in the 9/11 attacks is too many.
I was one of the last two people to leave my office in midtown that day. The streets were filled with people walking North, covered in toxic dust. Shell shocked.

When I got home in the late afternoon, I went to the one place that calms my mind and lets me think, my sailboat. Even there, there was no escaping that the world had changed that day.

No comments: