Friday, February 22, 2008

Winter at Last ! !


I remember snow days as a kid.


No school, sleeping late and either shoveling snow for cash or sledding down the side of the Atlantic Beach bridge. Yeah, I know...it's a bridge...we didn't have hills. I grew up on a glorified sand bar.

Thanks to Global Warming, we don't get much snow anymore. And when the weather folks at the local TV stations go to their War Room mode, scaring everyone about the latest approaching blizzard, we take it with a grain of salt.

To hear the weatherman get all excited about a huge 10 inches, when you know it will be 6 if you are lucky....I mean, don't all men exagerate like that? Maybe it is just me.

Anyway, we got snow. Nice fluffy, makes you want to play in the park and make snow muggers, the urban version of snow angels, kinda snow. It can make almost anything beautiful and I love it.


No comments: