Thursday, March 6, 2008

Why should a Wedding Photographer be an artist?


I spent the better part of a week wandering the small towns surrounding Lake Guarda in Northern Italy just to knock on doors.
Ok, maybe a little more to it than that.

In the quaint villages surrounding the lake there stand buildings and homes hundreds of years old. Built by artisans with workmanship that is hard to find today, particularly in seemingly mundane things like a doorway. I roamed the empty streets of dawn to find the doorways to the past. Built with pride and artistry, this collection of images captures the workmanship of the past, and lets you peer thru and into the old world.

My mind's eye sees shape, shadow and color in a way that is different from most. Am I a cynical new Yorker? Maybe sometimes, but it is with that eye that I find beauty in the ordinary and look beneath the surface for the real story. 15 Years commuting to Manhattan honed my people watching skills and allows me to learn their stories. By combining the two skills, I am able to capture images that concisely express the emotion of the moment and the sense of place in events and architecture.

Come view my latest landscapes at Grind in Bellmore or Spoon in Lindenhurst and see why I can capture wedding images like no one else can.

No comments: